Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yup, still here.

I say that a lot of times every day. "Yup, still here", "Yes I'm ready", "haha, I sure am huge", etc. Anyway...

Minor excitement this week. Tuesday at my midwife appointment my blood pressure was high, so to help calm it down (yeah right) they sent me to the hospital to get it checked out. It was not an emergency so we took our time and took Lucy home to Oma, and put my bags near the door just in case I wound up staying at the hospital. Well, my BP was still high when I got there so I got hooked up to the monitors, and after a half hour of listening to Baby Brother I relaxed. My bp was down, they took blood and urine samples and sent them off to be tested and sent me home. All of the tests came back normal and they told they hoped to see me back soon for the real deal.

To be on the safe side I do get to go have an ultrasound and a non-stress test (they hook me up to monitors and watch the baby's heart beat, his movements, and see if I am having contractions) done tomorrow afternoon. They will also be checking my blood pressure again. It was also discovered that I have become anemic so I need to take my iron supplement twice a day as prescribed not just when I randomly remember it (oops).

So that takes us to Wednesday. My parents, who are finally home from their trip, came to visit us! We missed them and are glad they are back! We hadn't seen them since Christmas. I think they were glad to see the giant belly in person. Lucy had a great time playing with them. Now to the exciting part of the day. We went to meet my brother for lunch in the city, on the way home I thought my car seemed weird so I pulled over. I was right, I had a flat tire! It was of course pouring rain, so I naturally called Dave to come change it for me. :) At first he said "Why don't you take care of it yourself, maybe labor will start", but he quickly came to my rescue. :)

That is the end of my exciting stories. Today we ran errands then stayed home and watched the wind blow. It was a lovely spring storm except that the winds brought back the cold and snow. Most of our old snow is gone now though so we have plenty of room for new.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

While waiting for your brother to show up (one week late)I remember answering the phone 'yes I'm still here'.
We are sitting by the phone loving you.
Mom

Bob said...

We really happy to see you! Come on Baby Bro, we all are waiting on you!
Bob Bob

Powered By Blogger