Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Stork, Winnie the Pooh and so on

Have you seen how close that stork is to the house?!? The other day I suddenly felt myself being interested in the labor/birth section of the baby book that, up until now, I have barely glanced at. I also decided, "hey! we should really get signed up for that childbirth refresher class." (I am going to call tomorrow and hope it isn't too late to get into it.)

Tomorrow Lucy will be 22 months old! I can hardly believe what a big kid she is. If you call her baby she says "no, kid". She plays pretend now, and is always making us stuff to eat in her kitchen. She has also developed this obsession with Winnie the Pooh. I'm not really sure where it came from but she LOVES Pooh right now. Ganny sent down a great big Pooh and she loves it! She drags it around, lays on it, gives it rides in her dump truck, dresses it up, and reads books to it.

















Lucy has also taken up, what a I am assuming is a very common 2 year old behavior, not wanting to wear clothes. If it were summer I wouldn't care, but instead she decides she wants to do this in the middle of winter so we spend lots of time fighting about it. :( The other day I turned the fireplace on and let her take her jammies off; she was very happy.




As you can see, she does concede to the season a bit. :)








The good news around here is that the house is un-decorated and cleaned (mostly)!


Lucy helped, of course. She sorted through all the Christmas cards and organized the strings of beads from the tree. she is such a big "help" these days!













I seem to run out of energy quickly now so I am going to lay down on the couch for a bit before Lucy wakes up from nap. (Lucky for me she has been taking 2-3 hours naps!!!!)

1 comment:

Julie said...

That scarf picture is now my desktop background. You tell em, Lucy. Clothes are for suckers.

Powered By Blogger