Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chicken Wings, etc.

Yes, I am actually blogging! :) So this past Saturday was the 3rd Annual Chicken Wing Fung it was a great success! My dad won first place!

The prize was a jar of pickled eggs, so good for him (who else would want that prize, yuck!) :)


Here is Kim and her friend Mary, an avid blog reader.


Lucy and the Hansens chillin' at the bar.


Lucy was dressed for the occasion. She is acquiring quite the chicken wing related wardrobe!

In other news: I went to the midwife today and had a good appointment. Lucy and I heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time! We didn't get to hear it last time, which was stressful (I had an ultrasound to show that everything was okay but still stressful) so that was really exciting. The heartbeat is in the 160s which is fast and old wives tales would say that means its a girl, but I didn't throw up at all which old wives tales would say means its a boy. We get to find out which tale is true in four weeks when I have my anatomical scan (the big ultrasound). I can't wait! I am making Dave wait to paint the nursery until we find out. Lucy's room is yellow and green, I don't want another room the same color and what other neutral colors can you do?

In Lucy news: we are having a very hard time getting the girl to go to sleep. From start of her bedtime routine until she is asleep takes about an hour and a half and nap time takes around 45 minutes. It is getting very frustrating! She just won't stop babbling and tossing and turning. The good news on that front is that she is sleeping in her bed, instead of the crib, about half of the time. She still comes in with us anywhere between 1:00 and 5:30, but she sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00 which is much better than 5:30. I don't mind her coming in with us, if I could talk Dave into it I would buy a king size bed (we have a queen now) and put it on the floor so she could just come in with us instead of having to get up and get her in the night. I would certainly get more rest that way! Oh well, we'll keep working on it.

Lucy's new weird thing is that she likes to fall asleep with her hands on my cheeks. She holds my face, which is cute but is getting old. She is doing lots of cute things too. She likes to spin herself around in circles and say "woo woo". Lucy can't make her mouth make fish lips (you now when you suck your cheeks and pucker your lips) but if you do it she makes the funniest faces trying to copy you. When she wanders in the yard she puts her hands at the small of her back just like Oma does.

Well, I guess that is all for now, Lucy just woke up screaming after only half an hour. The rest of my day won't be fun.

1 comment:

luutsen said...

i think i heff the good ting give commentary on your blog we love ith and se ith every week love you Ome Luutsen en Tante Annie

Powered By Blogger