Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sleeping in Bed!

Lucy is becoming such a big girl! Last night she slept in her own bed, not her crib, all night!!!!!!! She slept through the night!!!! In the bed!!!!!! I know, I know she is 18 months old and it shouldn't be a big deal that she slept through the night, but unfortunately it is a big deal. A huge deal for the exhausted pregnant mama! Over the last week she has only slept in her crib once or twice, she likes going to bed in the bed now! She has still been waking up and coming in with us. I wouldn't mind, it's just that I have a baby gate across her doorway so I don't have to worry about her falling down the stairs which means I have to go get her when she wakes up. A.k.a. I have to get up. :( The other night Dave went to get her and I hear her crying my name and he says "come here, I'll take you to her." Apparently she was running around the room away from him because she wanted me, cute but annoying at 2am!

Anyway, for my own future reference, how we got her to sleep in bed: We talked up how big girls sleep in beds not in cribs, and (unfortunately we had to do this) going into the crib was a bit of a punishment. If she wouldn't stay laying down and wouldn't settle down after a few reminders/warnings she got put in the crib and that was where she had to stay (until 2am when she woke up and came in with us. I couldn't bring myself to be that tough!). Also, I make sure to brag to everyone about how well she is doing in her big girl bed, and I do it in front of her. She looked so proud of herself this morning when I was telling everyone about how she slept through last night. She is such a little person now!

1 comment:

Tessa said...

We did a similar thing with the beds. Still do, for Eve. Something like "so sad, little girls who can't stay in their beds have to sleep in the crib." I always try hard to say "little girls" instead of "babies."

Congrats to you all though!! The big girl bed is a big step :)

Powered By Blogger