Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Catching Up

I am overdue for a posting. I have been reading a lot lately so that is where my spare time has been going instead of blogging. (I've reading lots of light fiction, nothing noteworthy.)

I am trying to think of what to write about exactly. Lucy is doing so many new things everyday it is hard to single them out. Since I am with her all the time, I don't even notice some of the new things because she just slides them in. Dave will come home from work and ask "since when can Lucy do this?" I also forgot to tell him new developments sometimes. Yesterday Lucy decided that she could walk while holding one of my hands and a toy with her other hand, by the time Dave came home I had forgotten that that was a new skill because she had been doing it all day.

Anyway, she is definitely turning into a child and not a baby. She has been throwing temper tantrums and wanting to be very independent. Nobody ever believed me that Lucy cried and could be a bit of brat sometimes at home, but now they are seeing it. :) Most of our fighting is about her wanting to go go go. She wants to check everything out and get into everything. Going to the diner in the morning is becoming a bit of a struggle. We are usually there for an hour, well that is a long time for a little girl to sit, and since she doesn't walk yet I won't let her down because I don't want her crawling on their dirty floor (you just know that she would be picking up every bit of food she could find on the floor and eating it!). I'm not sure if we are going to be able to keep going everyday, and that would be very sad!

She is getting a lot closer to walking but surprisingly she isn't doing it yet. She started crawling at 6 months and three days after she learned to crawl she pulled herself up to standing for the first time. I thought I was in for trouble but she is seems pretty content with crawling. She has begun to realize that she can reach a lot more while standing, and that she can carry things better that way. Today she was crawling on her knees and then walking on all fours. Very funny to see the little Lucy butt up in the air! :)

I'm trying to think of what else she does now. She talks a lot! Most of what she says is not in any language I understand, but some of it is. She will repeat almost anything you say to her but she isn't using words to get what she wants. If she wants me to pick her up she will put her arms and whine and then once I pick her up she will say "up". She isn't getting that using words will help her get what she wants. I have tried for months and months to teach her some baby signs but the only one she does is "all done". I keep trying though.

Lucy has become a bit of a Daddy's girl lately. I must be really mean to her during the day because when Daddy comes she lights right up and wants to go to him. I can see already who will have to be the "bad guy" around here when it comes time for some sort of punishment. The worst punishment you could give Lucy would be to make her stay home with just me all day anyway (no diner, no office) so I've got it covered. :)

I can't think of anything else for now. Tomorrow I will try to get my pictures and videos updated. My book is calling me.

2 comments:

Bob said...

Anna - we are having a great time looking for spring but we miss you, David and Lucy! Grandma and Grandpa P.

GFMouse said...

Don't give up on the signing. It will come with time. My son didn't really start signing back to me until about 18 months. Hey have you ever heard of Signing Time? You should check them out. Besides their awesome video series they also have board books and flash cards which are great to use.
www.signingtime.com

Powered By Blogger