Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 24, 2008

What we have been up to

I haven't posted much lately because we have been busy! We planted the new garden, went on a trip, bought more plants for the garden, went on another trip, cleaned the house a little, did some laundry, and practiced practiced practiced our walking skills. I am exhausted. :) Oh, and I think Lucy is cutting some more teeth. She is up to 10 and I think there is at least one more coming in.

Lucy is walking about half of the time now. She is such a kid, not my little baby anymore. Watching her play and walk around brings me to tears sometimes because of that realization. She is so much fun to play with and to watch but sometimes I miss my baby who just wanted me to hold her. Lucy still likes to cuddle and she gives lots of hugs and kisses thank goodness or I don't think I could get through the day! She is also talking a lot now. I don't always now what she is talking about but there is a good portion of what she says that is understandable. (Mostly she just says, and signs, that she wants to eat. She must be getting ready for a big growth spurt because all she wants lately is to eat!)

Last night Dave and I went on a long over due date. We have been out a couple of times in the last two months but it wasn't a date for just the two of us; we went to the Fireman's banquet and then to Laura's wedding. It was really nice to be alone and be able to talk to each other without interruptions. It was especially nice to eat dinner without Lucy! She is at the stage where she wants to eat right now(!) and then she only eats for 5 or 10 minutes so you have to let her down to play. While being with her is a joy it was nice to eat my whole meal while it was still warm and eat it with Dave. :) (We have given up on taking Lucy anywhere fancier than the Diner because she just can't sit anymore. We are waiting this period out and will start trying to teach her table manners as soon as possible!) Anyway, it was nice to have dinner together and a nice dinner it was! We went to a new BBQ place and it was awesome!!! As soon as we started eating Dave said that we might have to go back there next weekend and I asked him why, he said "because my brother will be here!" :)

After dinner we went to the Garden Factory and bought some more plants for my garden. Next year my garden will be beautiful! I have put in a lot of perennials that should start to fill out by next year. Actually, I think three years from now I ought to have a really nice garden, but for this year I bought a bunch of annuals to help fill it in and to add some color. I should be out there working on getting my newest plants in. Once I get everything in I will take some pictures. I better get to it while Lucy is still napping!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger