Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bragging

I titled this post "bragging" so that I can do so without feeling bad, you've been warned. ;) Lucy has spent the weekend waking little bits here and there. Just now she took about five steps from the couch to Daddy. My big brag for today is about this afternoon though.

Lucy and I were hanging out in the living room. She was playing by the gate and I was reading. I heard her talking to herself so I started paying attention to what she was doing. She was touching the edge of the fireplace screen and saying "no no no no..." She was touching it lightly and pulling her hand back so I said "good girl, you know you're not supposed to touch the fireplace." She thought about what I said for a minute and then she pointed at the fireplace and said "hot?" Isn't she the smartest baby ever!!!!!! She is really talking, in actual words, quite a bit. Of course, I am still the only one who can understand a lot of her words, but she is getting there.

Very soon Lucy will probably be running around everywhere and I will be fondly looking back on this past Friday, when she couldn't walk yet! :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger