Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Latest Appointment

Tuesday I went to the midwife, so here is the update. :) My uterus is measuring about 2 and a half weeks ahead, my blood pressure was a little on the high side for a preggo (darn kid has me craving salty stuff!), and I gained a ton of weight since my last visit. :( About my weight the midwife said everyone has a growth spurt at some point during their pregnancy, and I totally believe her!!! :P Also, they said that because Lucy was on the bigger side and had trouble getting out of me, that puts me at a higher risk for developing gestational diabetes. They wanted me to get tested now, and the normal time later, for it so yesterday I had to drink the stuff and then go get my blood drawn. No biggie, just not the most fun thing in the world to do. The stuff you have to chug down before you get your blood drawn tastes exactly the orange Hi-C they have at McDonalds. I am a little worried that this diabetes thing is going to mean I can't eat any Christmas cookies and that it is going to make me grow a gianormus baby! They are already talking about my having another ultrasound close to my due date to see just how big he is. Yikes!

Speaking of ultrasounds, we get to go have another one on Nov. 18th. They didn't get a clear picture of one side of his face and one side of his heart (he was sleeping and wouldn't roll over during the last ultrasound). So I am pretty excited to get an extra chance to look at him!

I just scrubbed the kitchen and now my back is killing me so I am going to lay down on the couch for a bit while Lucy is still napping.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I had to be tested because you were such a big baby also.
Love you,
Mom

Powered By Blogger