Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2012

9 months old!!!

Can you believe Henry is 9 months old already?!? He had his well check up on Thursday and we got mixed results. He was happy and flirting with the doctor, he even let the nurse weigh and measure him with hardly a complaint. He is 27 1/4 inches tall which puts in the 50th percentile. He is also in the 50th for head circumference, however at 16 lbs 6oz he is only in the 5th percentile for weight. The upside of his low weight is that he is finally getting some allergy tests done! :/ I am happy he is being tested but to test him they drew a lot of blood. I made Dave meet us at the lab so that he could take Henry for the blood draw. I sat in the waiting room and squeezed Freddy while listening to Henry cry. Dave said they took 8 vials!!! The phlebotomist (or lab tech, or whatever the person who works there is called) told Dave to make sure Henry got extra fluids and food to help him recover from having so much blood drawn. So it was a little scary but he is doing well today (he looked a little rough yesterday).
 Dr. Hartle put on the lab order for Henry to be tested for all different kinds of foods like wheat, corn, dairy, peanuts, soybeans, almonds, and a bunch of others, plus household allergens like dust and mold, seasonal allergens, dogs, and horses. She also marked down to have him checked for celiac disease since he is being tested for stuff anyway. She said the blood allergy test is not 100% but it will be a good jumping off point. She would really like it if I could feed him more types of foods to help him gain weight. The results should take about a week and then she will call me to go over them. I think we may be heading to an allergist if the results all come back positive.
The other good for me thing that happened at his appointment was that Dr. Hartle gave us a whole case full of samples of different Eucerin lotions. There is a calming lotion, a healing ointment, an everyday lotion, a moisturizing shower gel and a baby body and hair wash. She seemed excited to give it all away. :)

Today we went to watch Oma's alpacas be sheared. They are so skinny now! :) Then we had our 3rd t-ball game, which I didn't get to watch because I had to work the Chow House (snack bar). It was actually kind of fun, and now that I see how poorly organized our town's little league is, I am happy to help out. I think this is one of those things where Dave and I need to step up and help make it better. Normally I would run the other way, but I foresee being involved in this for many years yet and I would like it to be enjoyable. Lucy is having a lot of fun at her games and that is what matters.

I just went upstairs because I heard Lucy crying. I got her out of bed and asked her what was wrong and she said she was hungry. This is very unlike Lucy (if it had been Freddy that answer would not have surprised me) so I asked her what she was hungry for and she said, in a very sleepy and kind of sad voice "chocolate cake." I so wish I had chocolate cake right now!! I gave her some saltines instead, what a sorry substitute! :( I think I had better get to bed in case she wasn't just dreaming and actually ends up with a stomach ache. I fear I may be up again tonight (with someone other than Henry, I am up with him every night).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger