Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hmmm...

Am I having a rush of energy before labor or have I simply lost my mind? Today and tomorrow are supposed to be record setting high heats days, tomorrow is predicted to be at least 96 degrees with humidity! Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow, but today I certainly did too much.

Since my parents were here to play with the kids and help out, I decided to get a few things done this morning. Dad and I made 12 jars of spicy refrigerator pickles. These are the ones I loved so much last year. Thank you for all the cucumbers Linda! Then I shredded the zucchinis that Dave has picked from our garden the last few days. I made: two trays of zucchini puree for the baby to eat this winter; two pans of zucchini muffins; one loaf of zucchini bread; and two bags of measured, shredded zucchini for post-season cooking. Then I picked up the living room because I am trying to stay in control of one room of my house. Now I am sitting and I may not get up again. :)

Lucy is highly sleep deficient so I am hoping if I leave her in bed long enough she will give in and take a nap. If she does, I think I will take one too. I was up every two hours last night to go to the bathroom, Mother Nature's way of getting me ready for night feedings. :) If she doesn't sleep I guess we will work on some more sewing projects. I have another shirt for me and a small owl stuffed animal for the baby in the works.

Oh, Dave finally caught Oatmeal and took her to get sheared this morning. Sheep may be dumb, but that girl was smart enough to have evaded him for weeks. I think she realized the error in her ways and let him catch her so she would be cooler. :D The shearer, Libby, told Dave that Oatmeal's fleece is beautiful, definitely the nicest of our three. So I really should get it skirted and scoured but I am not sure if that is going to happen too soon. When are you getting here Julie?

I am kind of feeling the urge to go do it now so maybe this is my energy spurt. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 comments:

Thea said...

It realy sounds like you are getting ready for labor Anna. You make me tyerd reading what you are doing. Good Luck. Grandma.

Julie said...

I vote we wait until we're not sweaty in 90+ degree heat to dig into a bag of dirty wool, or even to think about it. I'm going to have nightmares about that now. You should be floating in the pool!!! We're so excited for the baby. HUGS!!!
Julie

Powered By Blogger