Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Pregnancy Emotions

Yes, I am totally copying Julie with the title of this post. :) My post, however, is about how my family is using my pregnancy emotions to manipulate me. Tomorrow I am going to do something really stupid: we are going to check out a puppy and possibly (read: most likely) be bringing it home.
Since the day after Mae died, Dave and Lucy have been asking, crying, begging, guilting, looking generally pitifully at me to let them get a puppy. At first I just cried because I miss Mae. Then I yelled absolutely not! After that I sat them each down and had long talks with them about how much work puppies are. After that didn't work either I made a deal I thought they could not make. I said we could get a puppy if they could find a basset hound. Well, they found basset hounds (actually Linda helped them a lot with this final push). Tomorrow we are driving to Binghamton to see a 9 month old basset at a shelter. There is a basset rescue group waiting for our call on another puppy, but that one is even farther away.

As of tomorrow we will probably be dog owners again. It will make a certain little girl extra happy on certain special day of hers. To tell the truth I am pretty excited too. We all miss having a dog around, especially Dave. The only time in his life that he has not lived with a dog was when he was in college. That fact is what pushed me over the edge. Granted he has a HORSE now but he still needed a dog too.

Yes, I am a sucker and I blame it on the hormones! ;)

(By the way! Did you notice my ticker at the top? I am half way there already!)

1 comment:

Jim said...

Basset hound! I love basset hounds - you should definitely get one.

Powered By Blogger