Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Plague

We had that evil illness that has been going around. :/ Lucy threw up first on Monday afternoon and the last time was late Saturday night. It was AWFUL!!!!!! She was so sick, she even spent Thursday night in the emergency room. She was so dehydrated (she hadn't had a wet diaper for more than 24 hours) that our pediatrician wanted her to get IV fluids. I woke up Thursday morning and was sick all day, so between that and Freddy we decided I should stay home while Dave took her in. Grandpa went too to keep Daddy company. They went in a little after 9pm Thursday night and didn't get home until 7:30am Friday. I hardly slept at all while they were gone so we had a very tired family Friday. Dave took some pictures during the ordeal on his phone, so if we can figure out how to get them onto the computer I will post them. Meanwhile, here are few other pics from the week.


This is from Monday night, the first day of illness. things didn't seem so bad, Lucy still wanted to play even.



















This was Tuesday. When she started asking to take a nap I knew she was really sick.











Later on Tuesday. Dave was kind of liking her not feeling well at first. She hardly ever stops to snuggle with him any more and she wanted to be held a lot.









Dave thought I little fresh air would do her good. So here she is in her jammies, bathrobe and moccasins.



















This was Sunday, recovery. The awful face she appears to be making is because she is saying "cheese" while I take her picture. And yes, those are pigtails in her hair! :)






Lucy is much better, I am much better, Freddy is fine. Dave never got it lucky for him, but Oma has it now. :( Dave has been the best father/husband ever through this! While I was sick he kept the kids downstairs so I could sleep/be sick in peace. He brought Freddy up only when he needed to be fed and continued to deal with and clean up Lucy while she threw up. On Saturday he rented a carpet cleaner and scoured the whole house, he even took the couches completely apart and soaked the cushion covers and everything. He did the best job taking care of us!

The only other good news from last week is that Dave took Freddy to the doctor's when he took Lucy, and Freddy has gained another pound. As of Thursday afternoon he weighs 10lbs 10oz!!!!! No wonder my arm hurts when I hold him for long.

One last thing, I added a link to the blog my sister-in-law, Gina has started. If I haven't already mentioned it, Gina and Rick are expecting a baby!!! She is due at the end of August or beginning of September (her doctor gave her two different due dates and I am not sure which one is the right one), so Freddy will have a cousin only 6 months younger than him! I am sure they would love to have anyone interested read along about their pregnancy. You know who you are blog stalkers! ;)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger