Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

What a Day/Poor Me

Today was one of those days. I haven't been inspired to write much lately but today, well, I thought I would write today.

Lucy was being a bit more of a hand full than she normally is. All day long she talked and talked and talked, mostly she was saying "Dada dada dada" which used to be cute but is pretty old now. She has to look for him everywhere, if we go upstairs she goes in my bedroom to check that he isn't in bed, if we go in the backyard she goes to the fence and yells for him, in the living room she climbs up to each window to look for him. Anyway, what else happened? The dog threw up on the deck and I only found out about it when I decided to take a closer look at what Lucy was playing with, yeah gross.

Lucy likes to take all of her clothes out of her dresser drawers, I don't mind too much because it keeps her occupied while I take a shower. (I think that is when the whole day started to go downhill, I didn't get a shower this morning.) Anyway, I spent a long time this morning reorganizing her drawers and putting all of her clean clothes away. This afternoon I was very tired, so when Lucy started to take all of the clothes out of the drawer, it crushed me, I actually cried a little. (This is the pity party blog post.)

Our next disagreement is kind of funny. While I tried to make dinner Lucy kept taking her diaper off and running around the house giggling about it. The first two times were funny but the by the fifth time I had had enough. (I know she was doing it for attention, but I had to make dinner because I also knew that in fifteen minutes she would be starving and crying to eat dinner.) I even tried to reason with her about it, I told her she didn't have to wear a diaper if she stayed int he kitchen (so accidents would be easy to clean). Reasoning with a toddler got me nowhere of course! :) I had to strap her into her highchair, where she sat and pouted. I kid you not, she sat and pouted! She slid down in her seat, put her feet up on the crosspiece, and frowned at me while I finished making dinner. It was very cute! During this last fight of the afternoon I called Dave to make sure he knew he better than to be late getting home from work today and he promised he wouldn't be more than 5 minutes after 5:00. So at 5:20 when he hadn't shown up yet and the fire whistle went off you can imagine I was a little perturbed with him. He finally showed up about 6:15 and promised to take care of Lucy for the rest of the night (yup, the whole 45 minutes left before bed time). After 10 minutes of her following him around and talking nonstop he said I can see how this might be annoying!!!!!

All right I am done venting and I feel much better. I am gong to go take a bath, then guilt Dave into giving me a back rub!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I am right there with you! Molly has been screaming like she's being murdered when I put her on the change table, crawling off with no diaper, knocking her zucchini off the counter after I just heated it up, and all this after waking me up every two or three hours all night and not napping for long enough for me to take a shower. It's really hard to keep a sense of humor. Although it gives me a shiver to hear that these days are only going to get harder as she gets older, at least I'm not alone. HUGS!!!
Julie

Tessa said...

They're cutest when they are asleep, huh? Must be something in the air lately (full moon maybe?) My two are wild lately too! We had to cancel a trip to the grocery store (desperately needed!) because Lex would not calm down enough to be trusted in public! Ack! Best of luck to all. If you can just make it through the day then you can admire how sweet they are when they're sleeping :)

Powered By Blogger