Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stalling

Lucy has already created a bedtime stall routine! When it is time to go upstairs she asks for something to eat, and I say "No, we just finished snack" or "No, you just ate a whole apple, banana, box of crackers, etc." So we get upstairs, I change her then we go to pick out a book, but she is thirsty. We have to go in the bathroom and get a Dixie cup of water. Next we pick out and read a story or two. Then she wants more stories. and I put my foot down and say no and she cries a little. Finally we rock and snuggle for five minutes and I put her in her crib. She is too smart for my own good! :)

As you might guess from that story, she has become a very opinionated little girl. She knows what she wants and she knows what she doesn't want. She very politely, usually, says no and asks please until you do what she wants. She does throw temper tantrums but really they are quite mild and I consider myself lucky for that! Some of her strongest opinions are about who she wants to do something for her, or not do something with her. For some reason she won't let Dave color with her. Every time he tries she gets upset and cries or even pushes him away. Most of the time she wants Oma to do everything and anything and if I try to do it instead she tells me no or she cries. She reacts that way pretty much anytime there is someone more interesting then me around. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to learn to sit and relax when others are around. :)

Who wants to read what I have to say if there is no picture right?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger