Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Allergies

It is beginning to look certain that Henry has some food allergies. :( I think this is my 3rd week on the elimination diet and we have tried a few foods only to have him break out. So far the list of things that bother him seems to be: soy (which is in everything!), wheat, the horse, and perfumes/detergents. Wheat and soy are really the only foods I have tried adding back in so this list may grow.

This diet is not really hard to stick to, but it is depressing sometimes. Also it takes a lot of planning and food prep time. I can't eat out or eat processed foods. I can't make a sandwich, or call for a pizza (something we used to do quite often). I can't eat baked goods, very depressing this time of year! I keep reminding myself that this a healthy diet though. Vegetables, protein and only a small amount of starches (rice and potatoes) are the foods we are supposed to eat, and my rapid weight loss is proof of that. Oh! I checked the label on the candy canes and it looks like I can eat them!

In other news, the kids and I all have colds; we have a birthday party to go to today; we are going to get our tree tomorrow; the gingerbread house contest is tomorrow; Monday night is Sinterklaas; I am trying to decorate the house, keep the dishes and laundry done, shop for presents, and make presents. I need a nap, but that isn't going to happen!

Monday is Henry's four month old well child check up and our chance to talk more with the doctor about the allergy situation. I will keep you updated!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger