Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 18, 2011

I thought I had better check in and write an update on how things are going.

We are all...okay. I am hesitant to say how we are because Freddy and Henry both slept terribly last night. I don't know what was going on with Henry although it is possible he is cutting a tooth. He is even droolier than normal and he has been chewing on any one's fingers that he can get.

I am worried that Fred might have another ear infection, or more likely his ear infection didn't clear up and is back again. I have learned the hard way that if he is sleeping poorly he usually has an ear infection. So if he is up again tonight I will be heading back to the doctor's office. :/ Fortunately on Saturday mornings our doctor does a walk sick clinic so you when you wake up and they are awful you can just head right in.

The elimination diet is going as well as it could. We are lucky to still have some awesome steaks in the freezer! :) The other night Dave took a flank steak and put spinach and roasted red peppers (I checked the label they are just peppers, salt, and water) on it then rolled it up, cut it into slices, and grilled it. It was so good! The hardest part for me is breakfast. I like my breakfasts to be starchy and sweet, so rice and meat are tough to get down. And in case you were wondering plain rice cakes and plain potatoes are awful! I keep reminding myself that there are so many people in the world who would be thankful to have those foods and that just about cures my complaints. Plus, I haven't given up coffee and I ate a couple of apples. I've never heard of anyone being allergic to apples and the doctor told me I could put vinegar on my salad. Vinegar is made from apples, at least the kind I have is so I figure apples are okay. I am going to make some applesauce this afternoon, that will be a treat! Unfortunately we had to cancel our dinner out with friends since I can't eat any where but home right now. I don't want to risk screwing it up at this point!

Dave convinced me to alter my original plan a bit. I was just going to do this diet through today, but we decided to use the prescription cream on Henry's head for a few days to get the eczema cleared up. I have put the cream on him for the last three days and his head is pretty clear now. This also gave a chance for anything I have been eating to clear our systems. So today I won't use the cream and I will stick with the diet for at least a couple more days. If he breaks out again right after stopping the cream, it will mean that he is allergic to something in the environment and not something I am eating. We might have a good lead by the end of the weekend! Right now the top three suspects are soy, wheat, and the dog.

Speaking of the dog, HE ATE MY COMPUTER!!!! Two nights ago I came downstairs from putting the kids to bed to find a whole bunch of keys missing on my netbook(the small laptop). That is all I can say about that without just breaking into a string of swears!

One last item. Lucy and Freddy have been playing so well together all week! I have hardly played with either one, they are so involved with each other. They have been playing house and school, pretending they are birds, coloring, and who knows what else. This morning they have been playing farm, they are both farmers and they herded up the cows (the pillows from the couch), then milked them and brought me cups of fresh milk. I am loving it!! 

I have been so caught up in writing this post that I am late getting us started for the day, and it is a school day so I had better fly!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger