Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blah!

Oh how I hate the person who invented daylight savings time! (Was it Ben Franklin?) We have not been sleeping great to begin with, then we changed the clocks, and we got a cold! :( Lucy, Freddy and I have been sniffling and coughing, not bad but very annoying. I think this cold is called the Creekside Cough, named after preschool, it seems everyone there has it. I kept Lucy home yesterday and we all chilled and tried not to fight with each other. Extreme crankiness and an aching head are my main symptoms. :/ Henry seems to have a runny nose this morning so I guess he has it now too. I was fairly certain he would catch it, the big kids like to pet him. :)

As far as sleep goes it is pretty non-existent for me. I guess that is bound to happen when you have 3 children under the age 5! :D Last night all of them were up at different times. Henry was up every 2 hours. Freddy was up twice, the first time to go to the bathroom, the second time I don't know what was wrong but I laid in his bed for a little bit and he was fine. Lucy, who almost never wakes up at night, woke up crying and she told Dave she had a bad dream, so she was in our bed with us. So, yeah, I didn't sleep much.

Today I am thankful that we just have a cold and not a stomach bug!!!!!! (Knock on wood!)

In other news, Henry's scalp is a mess, almost worse than before. I put the cream the doctor gave us on him for a week like she said but as soon as I stopped the cream it came right back. I did some internet research and I think it might be eczema not cradle cap. So on Sunday I stopped eating dairy, which is the most common food to give babies trouble. As of today I am going to try to eliminate peanuts too. I am going to try this for a couple of weeks and see if it helps. I haven't seen any improvement for him yet but I have lost a little weight, so there is an upside! :)

We have to get ready to go to the Diner now. Linda had the nerve to go on a vacation and the kids, who are used to seeing her almost everyday, are really missing her. Today she is back and they both picked out tie-dye shirts to wear for her. :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, the elimination diet can be a miserable thing. If you MUST have ice cream, go for the coconut milk stuff. The rice milk products are kind of weird. Have you tried oil on Henry's scalp? I just cleared up another round of cradle cap on Kate with some massage oil (I've used olive oil, too).
Hugs to all of you. It's hard enough with two waking up at night. I can't imagine three!!!

Powered By Blogger