Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Update

Freddy is not making much progress with the potty, but he is trying. He understands what it is for and will sit and try but when he needs to actually go he asks for a diaper. I don't think he can convince himself to relax and, well you know, without the diaper. :/ He gets the idea though, he has not had an accident. :) I know you are all wondering, he picked out a package of Thomas the Train underwear and a package of Cars underwear ( he loves that movie and he has only seen it once!).

Today is Lucy's last day of preschool for the year. Already! She is excited to be on vacation, probably because during her last school vacation she got to go to Grandma and BobBob's for three days on her own. She is also sad about school being done, she said she will her friends and Ms. Gigi (the teacher). This school was not our original choice but it has turned out to be so far above and beyond what I expected. Lucy has loved every minute of it, she is usually so excited every morning she runs to hug her teacher and doesn't even say goodbye to me.

OMG! Freddy just walked in the room wearing Lucy's bright pink hat (with a flower on it), her pink rain boats and he is running around hammering things! He cracks me up!!!!!!

Anyway, back to Lucy. She is going through some really awful developmental phase right now. The best way to describe it is to say that 4 year old, girls at least, are a preview for the teenage years! She goes from happy and playing to screaming and/or whining in a split second. The screaming I can handle, the whining is killing me!!! She is in her room sobbing right now because she was screaming "no" at me and I sent her up until she could be polite. Ha! She's probably never coming back. ;)

To change subjects, I had a midwife appointment Tuesday, all is well. I do need to send in my admission paperwork to the hospital soon so it is done and I don't have to try to fill out forms while having contractions. We are going to buy a dresser and move Freddy in with Lucy next week probably. Then I will start going through the baby clothes. I almost forgot that I have to pack a bog for the hospital, but it is a bit soon to do that yet. So, it is sit and wait time, wait what part of pregnancy isn't sitting and waiting? :)

I am back to being really tired. Not quite as bad as the first trimester, but I could really use a nap. I don't stay up too much later than the kids now. Dave is getting a lot of cowboy movies in that I wouldn't want to watch. Pregnancy brain has suddenly hit me too. On Monday night, well Tuesday really, my phone started ringing at 12:50 am. I woke up Dave and told him it was his phone, (to be fair his phone often rings during the night for work stuff) he went downstairs and when he came back up he said "You have a midwife appointment in 10 minutes" then I think he grumbled something under his breath. So it was my phone altering me to the fact that I had entered my appointment as am instead of pm. My phone rudely pointed out my stupidity and ruined a good nights sleep! :)

I have also hit the stage where I am very clumsy. I somehow pulled a muscle in my leg a couple of days ago. Then yesterday I fell down the bottom step of our stairs. It was fortunately only the bottom step and I landed on my well padded backside. I also got a sliver in palm and smashed my toe last night. I don't remember these things happening when I was pregnant with the other two. I am going to work on being more careful. :)

Time to go get Lucy back to being excited for school. Hopefully finally seeing the sun today will put us all in better moods.

1 comment:

Bob said...

We love you and please be careful!

Powered By Blogger