Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day Trip

Today we all went on a day trip to my parents house. Even Daddy went, which was amazing to the kids because we usually go to their house on our own on weekdays while Dave is at work. :) We went to get my old bunk bed out of their attic. Very exciting!

We had lunch at the restaurant I worked at through high school. It was fun to see some old friends and have some excellent food. The restaurant is right on Lake Ontario and it was a beautiful day to be at the lake! BobBob posted a few pictures on their blog. The kids had a great time throwing rocks into the water!

Lucy baked cookies with Grandma and made Grandma read a thousand books to her. We managed to pry her away for a short nature hike. Lucy loves to do anything outside, Freddy will go along for awhile but not as enthusiastically as she does. :)

The ride home was a long for me. I didn't travel much during the third trimester while pregnant with the other two because it was winter then. I am not so nervous about being away from home this time (yet at least). My feet were pretty swollen by the time we got home (it's about an hour and 45 minute trip) which is why I decided to post on the blog now; I had to sit with my feet up anyway. I never had much swelling with the other two but I guess the weather being warm this time is changing that. I will just have to put my feet up more often. Darn! ;)

We made it almost the whole day without Dave getting a work related phone call. This one was actually good in a way, the gas station sold so much gas today they were almost out. So he is off getting more gas now. I would be worried that I need gas for my van (the empty light came on on the way home) but when we pulled in the driveway we found out it wasn't the car in front of us that smelled like burning brakes, it was us. :( So, since I won't be going anywhere for a few days while waiting for Dave to have time to fix my car, I guess not having any gas won't be a problem. :D I am hoping to do a bunch of sewing this week anyway. And, if we stay home for awhile maybe Freddy will make some progress with the potty. He hasn't used it all weekend, but maybe we can work on it this week. I am not pushing it, he has enough going on in his little world. He seems to be bothered a bit about the baby coming. He gets really clingy and insists he is still the baby of the family. Mostly he just gets mad when I insist he walk up and down stairs instead of me carrying him. For some strange reason it has begun to make my back hurt if I carry him much. :)

My feet are better so I am off to bed. Hopefully I can start the new week with a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger