Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Quick Update

I haven't had a chance to upload pictures or videos yet but I have a ton. We have been here, there, and everywhere the last few weeks. I even made a spontaneous 3 day trip to Grandma and Bobbob's house. Today we are doing our walk for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Thank you everyone who donated, I raised more than twice my goal!

Here are updates on the kids, the dog, and our land.
Lucy: She wears underwear now! She has had very few accidents, and she even stays dry during naps and all night long. I still put a diaper on her at nap and night just in case but she has been dry every single night since we switched to day time underwear. (It has been 2 weeks.) Once we took the time to switch she just went with it. Yeah!!!! She is so 2 right now! She fluctuates between being kind and helpful, to whining (the most annoying sound on the planet), to yelling at me "I want do it myself!!!" I know, I know payback for when I was 2; it's just a phase I just have to find the patience to make it through.

Freddy: He can almost roll over! I am excited for this development even though I know I will wish he couldn't do it. I can still put him somewhere and he will be right there when I get back. :) He smiles, laughs and blows raspberries. Lucy says "Brother is talking to me!" He is sleeping in his crib some of the time. I am reading, for at least the third time, Dr. Weisbluth's sleep book for some tips on getting him to be a good sleeper. I really should buy this book, I keep taking it out of the library and keeping it past its due date. Freddy isn't that into snuggling, he grumbles if you try to snuggle him too much. He loves being talked to, watching his sister, and milkies (nursing).

Mae: She is on antibiotics and is healing well. They think she has either an allergy or a thyroid problem which makes her itchy. Then her scratched skin gets infected, and this time made her scratch and hurt her ear. She is fine now and back to her normal naughtiness. She ran away twice this week, dumb dog. I love her anyway and I am glad she is better.

Our land: We just had our purchase offer accepted to buy 9 of the acres next to our lot. We are doubling in size already. We will soon be the proud owners of another corn field! Dave has put in a driveway up the middle of our current piece, the new piece will stay corn field for awhile, and will eventually be more pasture for our animals. The driveway even has gravel on it, it really looks like a driveway now! I think this summer we will be hiring an architect so we can start on or house.

The last news I have: We are buying a camper. It is a little tiny pop-up that I found on Craig's List. We are going to pay them and pick it up tomorrow. I haven't seen it in person yet but Dave and Lucy have. I am really excited! We can go camping in comfort and we can park it up on our land!

Dave keeps yelling at me to get moving, so I better be done writing for now. I will go find some more coffee and then I should be able to get going.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Wow! You are one busy mama!! Congrats on the land purchase and housing plans. That must be exciting! I was driving in the country the other day and kind of wishing we had a little more land... maybe when the kids are a bit older. We'll see.

And congrats to a diaper-free Lucy!! One down, one to go ;)

Powered By Blogger