Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

Ear Infections

We went back to the doctor this afternoon to get the big kids checked out.   They both have ear infections too. Lucy even had a temperature that I was unaware of. :(

Here is the medical regimen for each child:
Lucy- 1 1/2 tsp of amoxicillin twice a day, 1 tsp Claritin once a day, ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed
Freddy- 1 1/2 tsp amoxicillin twice a day, 1 tsp Claritin once a day, ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed, albuterol via nebulizer 4 times a day
Henry- 2 ml cefdinir twice a day, ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed, benadryl as needed

Kim says I get a pharmacological degree when this is over. :/

Henry not only has a double ear infection but he is cutting a tooth and he was constipated but he now has diarrhea from his antibiotic. He is SUPER cranky but his tooth is almost through so he should get happier and not need the pain killers soon.

Lucy is being her usual tough self in the face of illness. I only had her checked out because she wasn't quite acting like herself. Last night she kept laying down in the field at t-ball practice and she told Dave she was too tired to play. When I went to get her at school she was just hanging out quietly by herself on the playground. Not normal behaviors for her. She even got annoyed with Henry earlier today and she never gets upset at him.

Freddy starts coughing hard when he runs around. Tonight he coughed so hard he threw up (on me of course) after running around. I would have felt bad for him except that he immediately asked for a piece of chocolate cake. :) He is behaving in his normal "Evil Freddy" way that he has when he has an ear infection. It always takes me a couple days to remember that when he is being mean to Lucy for no reason it means he has an ear infection.

The kids kindly shared their colds with Daddy and Grandpa. I had it very mildly last week too, not nearly as bad as they have it.

Tomorrow Lucy and Freddy are spending the day with Oma and then staying the night too! Henry is going to go over for a while in the evening so Dave and I can go out to dinner. He and I have only been on one other non-funeral date since Henry was born. During the day Henry and I are going to a rummage sale and a thrift store with my friend Jenny. I am very excited for tomorrow! :) I just hope it all works out health wise, keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger