Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Napping and Farming

Freddy has just made a drastic switch in life. He has very abruptly decided not to take naps. He went from taking 3+ hour naps last week to not napping at all now. What the heck?!? He has always been a good sleeper (except for when he is sick). I don't think he is really ready to give up napping, and I am certainly not ready for him to be done!

It is over 90 today so I am trying to have a very chill day. My hands and feet are starting to feel a bit puffy and if I attempt to do anything more difficult than walk across the yard I start huffing and puffing. This morning we went to Ganny and Poppa's house instead of the diner so that we can sit on the big breezy front porch. It was fantastic! After that we came home and filled up the wading pool. I think after this no nap quiet time we are going to watch a movie, I just can't handle much else today. Lucy has dance class later, if she didn't I would take the kids in to somewhere air conditioned like the museum, but we just don't have time today. :( It is supposed to be cooler tomorrow and anyway, I was thinking I might set up the drum carder and get some wool ready to be spun. (Thanks for bringing it Jim and Julie!)

On the subject of wool, Dave was trying to teach himself how to shear the sheep. Well, after this weekend he finally gave up and decided to call someone. He got a recommendation for Evie's alpaca people and he took Chex and Pebbles on Monday. Oatmeal is quite a bit bigger than the other two and she has horns so he couldn't get her into the trailer with the other two. She will be going later this week. The woman who sheared the two girls did an awesome job, the fleeces were all in one piece that you could actually pick up and look at. That is how it is supposed to be done, so yeah we have a shearer!!! It was way way cheaper to have done than we thought too. When Dave got home he said that it was a huge weight off his shoulders that he doesn't have that job to do too.

It is time to go tell the children they can get up now. I hope we can not fight this afternoon, my patience is getting shorter in direct proportion to how much bigger my belly is getting. :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger