Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 22, 2010

New Game or Bad Habit?

There a few readers of this blog who will greatly appreciate this post. Or you will at least laugh at us a lot. :)

So, Lucy loves to play store. It's her favorite game by far, and last year I bought her a pretty nice cash register that even scans stuff. She plays all kinds of stores: grocery, department, puppy, farm supply, etc. This summer we even had a few yard sales, which leads into the title of this post.

Lucy's store playing reflects my shopping habits and I'm beginning to worry/feel bad about myself for how much shopping I apparently do. Her newest store type is JoAnn's. We play shopping at JoAnn's almost every day. She gets out paper and her scissors and asks me which fabric I want to buy. Then I have to tell her how much I want and she cuts it for me. She just came to the desk to find a ruler so she could measure my half a yard order. At least we are learning a little about measuring right? Does that make up for the mass consumerism I am also teaching? I shop at yard sales a lot and I have been making lots, but yes we do shop- a lot I guess.

On that note we are off to JoAnn's today because they are having a big sale and I am buying holiday gift making supplies. :/

2 comments:

Tessa said...

This makes me laugh. I just finished a craft project that required 3 trips to JoAnn's Fabric. I'm a terrible project planner! Each time we went Eve came out with a little something as well. Luckily (for my wallet!) Lex was in school.

I also laugh because we went to Kohl's the other day and as soon as we walked in the door Eve looked around and said, "Ohhh... beautiful!" No decorations or anything, just Kohl's. Hehehe... which made me think we obviously don't go shopping enough!

Start practicing money with her, and counting, and measuring. Life skills!

Julie said...

And here's a sign you're buying too much fabric on-line and not actually taking your child out of the house to real stores enough -- I was laughing at this post and Molly came running over to see what I was looking at. I told her Lucy was playing Joann's and Molly says, "What is that?" Considering the amount of time we've spent in that store in her short lifetime, I think that's a good sign that frequent trips don't leave to permanent damage.
By the way, tell Lucy I'll take three yards of anything pretty. :)

Powered By Blogger