Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

Life

Before I write the post I was thinking about, I have to write about what Lucy just said. It was hilarious and when I asked her if I could write it she said "Yeah!" This afternoon Freddy and I made apple crisp as a special dessert for Lucy tonight. We were just eating and talking about how "super yummy" it was. Then, because Dave is up working on the house, Lucy said "if there's any left over it will be for Daddy (like the way she said if?). He will look at and say 'what is this?' then he will taste it and say 'this feels like marshmallow soup'." I am laughing all over again as I write it. She is so funny!

What I was planning on writing about is how tomorrow our life will be forever changed. Tomorrow is Lucy's first day of preschool (and on Wednesday she has her first dance class). Up until now I have resisted signing us up for anything. We have been free to do whatever we like everyday for the last 3 1/2 years. Now we will have to stick to a schedule, we will be apart for 6 whole hours a week, and she will have out side influences. EEK! :) We are all really excited and have been talking about it since spring. She is totally ready for something other than just me everyday. It will be really weird to drop her off somewhere twice a week, when we have only ever had occasional, irregular separations. And it will be really weird to spend so much one-on-one time with Freddy. They play together so much these days, it is going to be a big adjustment for Freddy too.

So as not to seem like I neglect Freddy, I have a story about him too. The past few days he has been caught carrying things around from the corner, lazy-Susan cupboard. I have one of those child safety cabinet locks on that cupboard so that number one no fingers get slammed as the door goes around; and number two because I keep baking stuff in there and I really don't want baking soda, etc dumped all over. When Freddy was caught I assumed that Dave or I had forgotten to lock the cabinet. This afternoon I found out the truth. My little problem solver was turning around, backing up to the door and putting his weight into, until the lock popped free. He gets into so much because he figures stuff out.

One more thing on the topic of Freddy. He still doesn't talk a whole lot. He has a few words and in the last week or so has been suddenly coming up with new ones. I am not at all worried about it, because he has started inventing his own signs. He has even started combining multiple signs with the occasional word thrown in to get his point across. He also nods yes or no to answer questions. He's no gabber like Lucy is (I sometimes find myself begging her to stop talking for a while) but his communication skills are coming along just fine.

1 comment:

Thea said...

Anna enjoy every new thing with your children.You can look back on things with a smile. Grandma

Powered By Blogger