Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Bad blogger.

I am a bad blogger. I'm sorry you have had to make do with posts that I have written from my phone, but I have come to really like them. Especially since our camera got broken on our camping trip, so all I have for a camera is my phone. I will eventually get those pictures off of the camera and get them up on the computer. Eventually, some day.

There are two other reasons I haven't been posting much. One is that it is summer so I don't feel like sitting inside on the computer. (Earlier today I tried to talk Dave into buying us a laptop so I could get on the internet anywhere but he wasn't convinced that that was the best use of our money since we really need a new camera. He is so lame sometimes. :P) The second reason is that I seem to be a lot busier these days than I remember being in summer's past. I think it might have something to do with either the new baby or the crazy toddler I have living here.

Lucy is keeping me on my toes, and at times my wits end. She is hilarious though! She makes up games, asks funny questions and comes up with all sorts of interesting observations. We went to the circus this past Saturday and now she wants a pony (Daddy took her for a pony ride which she loved!) and an elephant in her barn. The baby is getting fussy so I have to type faster.

On to the baby. Freddy is huge and quickly becoming an interactive member of our family. He laughs a lot now and he will yell at you if you are ignoring him (like I am doing now). He completely adores his sister. Just catching sight of her usually makes him start laughing. He can roll over but doesn't do it much. He is scooching and squirming around quite a bit though. He is never in the spot I left him in his crib. He alternates nights being a good sleeper and a terrible sleeper. Last night he slept 7 straight hours the three nights before that he wouldn't sleep for more than three hours at a time. I have no idea what to expect. Anyway, his 4 month appointment is next week (he will be 5 months old by then, I am not sure how I got off schedule). I can't wait to find out how tall he is and how much he weighs. I also want to talk to his doctor about the birthmark on his side. It is a great big red thing, at his last appointment she said it was just a birthmark and to watch it. Watch it for what? I don't like it and I am going to talk with her about taking him to someone (a dermatologist?) about it.

I am starting to prepare for feeding him solids. I don't think we are ready yet, but I am wondering if his poor sleeping might be hunger related. He is a big boy, I wonder if milk alone is still satisfying him. Then last night he went so long without nursing, I just don't know. I bought some cereal and I have started making purees. I forgot how much fun it is and what a good feeling it is to make baby food. Last night Grandpa, Oma and I cleaned all the peas out of the garden and today I shelled, cooked, pureed and froze them. They also gave me a huge head of cabbage, an onion, some carrots, and a little bit of broccoli that was left. Yeah for fresh, homegrown, free food! :)

I think this all the blogging I have time for, I am supposed to be researching architects and I have to start dinner.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

The kids are much more important than the blog.
We all really enjoy reading about all you're doing, but don't ever feel guilty for making your family first.

Powered By Blogger